As we come to one of the last bank holidays of the year, it's time to make the most of it and enjoy the summer season!
Sometimes we need inspiration for how to make the most of our free time. So, we've come prepared with plenty of top tips for bank holiday fun as suggested by you (even if your bank holiday is filled with exam revision).
- Have a relaxing lazy day outdoors: grab a book to read, take a sketch pad and pencil, or just bring along your headphones.
- Go for a walk: invite your friends or family and go for a slow wander around a park or forest. Places like the National Trust or English Heritage have lots of great places to while away a day, no matter the weather.
- Organise a picnic with friends: why not find a field, park or other outside space and have a picnic with friends and family. And if the weather turns bad, it's easy to bring your picnic indoors.
- Get a game going: You could play cricket, rounders, football, or go back to childhood and start a game of hide and seek.
- Weather turned bad? Why not spend a day indoors cooking or baking something yummy. You could then hold your own tea or dinner party with family and friends. Why not ask people to bring along a board game too – proper rainy day fun.
- Gardening: many people find gardening really therapeutic and it's great exercise too. Why not plant some new flowers or seasonal veg?
- Borrow my dog: there are loads of great apps where you can offer to take someone's dog for a walk. It's great if you'd love your own furry pal but can't own one yourself, and they really do make the perfect walking buddy too.
Whatever you decide to do, we hope you have a relaxing long weekend. If you'd like to share your photos from the weekend you can do so on our young adults closed Facebook group.