Our Fundraising Promise
Thank you for choosing to fundraise for The Brain Tumour Charity. We rely 100% on voluntary donations and could not fund our work without the time and generosity given by our supporters.
We are open, honest and transparent – we will tell you what we're trying to raise each year, how much we've raised and what it's been spent on. We will also share our long term ambitions.
We are committed members of the Fundraising Standards Board and follow their code of practice to ensure we meet the highest standards, so you can give and fundraise for us with confidence and trust. We have also signed up to their fundraising promise:
The Fundraising Promise we make to you
We Are Committed to High Standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds, comply with the Code and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
We Are Honest and Open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do.
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
We Are Clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used.
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
We Are Respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don't want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We Are Fair and Reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We Are Accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we've done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request. If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Standards Board to make a final adjudication
If you have any questions please contact your local community fundraiser, email us at email@example.com or call 01252 749043.