The Brain Tumour Charity: Celebrating You Awards 2018
What an amazing night at our first Celebrating You Awards! A huge well done to all of the nominees and winners, we're so proud of each and every one of you.
Together, we've achieved so much in the past few years. We've helped to halve the time taken, on average, to diagnose children with brain tumours, we've committed over £20.2 million into the best global research, we've campaigned for improved access to treatment and launched new support services to help everyone affected by a brain tumour. Our success comes down to you, our incredible community – thank you for all you do.
Our external panel and you, our community, had the chance to vote for your winner. It was a really hard decision but the winners, announced last night at the awards ceremony, are:
- The Viv McBeth Award for Fundraiser of the Year - The Sarah Kitchener Perrow Fund
- Professional Excellence Award - Ingela Oberg
- The Volunteer of the Year Award - Cariss Evans
- The Discovery Award - David Walker
- The Partnership Award - Bluecube
- The Influencer of the Year Award - Grace Latter
- Research Engagement Award - Denise Sheer
- The Clinician of the Year Award - Keyoumars Ashkan
- The Award for Special Recognition - Sarah Pullen