Conferences and Workshops
Funding for scientific conferences and workshops that will bring us closer to understanding brain tumours by inspiring innovative research in the key areas outlined in our research strategy, 'A Cure Can't Wait', and driving progress in the field.
Purpose and scope
We are seeking applications for researcher-led scientific conferences and workshops that will facilitate:
- Collaboration between members of the research community
- Discussion between interdisciplinary researchers or healthcare workers
- New partnerships between research and industry
- The identification of key barriers which need to be overcome if we are to progress research in this field
- A focus on improving quality of life
Funding of up to £5,000 per event is available. Applications for more than £5,000 can still be requested but will take longer to review. Funding will be allocated to cover direct costs, including venue hire, travel and accommodation.
Prior to the conference or workshop, 80% of the funding will be allocated, with the final 20% given on receipt of a scientific report following the event.
- All applications must address at least one of the priorities highlighted in our Charity Strategy 'Defeating Brain Tumours'. Applications which do not fit the strategic priorities of The Charity will not be funded
- The Principal Investigator can be based anywhere in the world
- The event can take place anywhere in the world
- Applications for the same event taking place over multiple years will be accepted
- A Charity representative must be allowed to attend the full meeting. We also reserve the right to a speaking slot in the event
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Alignment with The Charity's goals as highlighted in our Defeating Brain Tumours strategy
- The potential to bring together leading researchers across different disciplines to discuss new approaches to brain tumour research or the potential to bring together leading health care practitioners and improve service delivery or implement best practice in the UK
- The potential to initiate and develop future work and collaborations
- The feasibility of the event and its value for money
Please read the following documents before applying for funding
Grand conditions - PDF
These grant conditions, together with the grant award letter, set out the terms and conditions on which we make a grant to the host institution and grantholder.
Finance guidelines - PDF
These guidelines explain which of the costs incurred will be paid for by The Charity
Data protection statement - PDF
This statement details how the information you give us will be processed, used and stored in accordance with data protection legislation
Applying for this grant
There is no deadline for this call and proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applications must be submitted online through our CC Grants Managements portal:
Decisions will be made within eight weeks following the receipt of applications.
For all queries relating to research funding and to be added to the distribution list for funding announcements please contact the Research Team at:
Phone: 01252 418190.